The following work is scheduled over the next three weeks:
- East side (entering 14A): renovation of existing Toll Utility Building continues.
Ramps between the Toll Plaza and the Hudson County Extension (HCE)
During the evening of Friday, 08/25/17, asphalt resurfacing will be performed on the ramp from the westbound Hudson County Extension to the Toll Plaza (Ramp ET). Minor traffic impacts are expected. Work will be supported by State Police.
During the evenings of 08/28/17 and 08/29/17, final striping (painting) will be performed on all of the ramps entering and exiting Interchange 14A to the Hudson County Extension. No traffic impacts are expected. Work will be supported by State Police.
Avenue E / Proposed Roundabout
- New roadway construction on Avenue E between 51st Street and 53rd Street continues.
New bridge construction activities continue.
Northbound Avenue E has been temporarily reduced to a single lane of traffic, 52nd Street to the Toll Plaza. It is anticipated that two lanes will be reopened by 09/01/17.
Connector Bridge (Bridge from the Toll Plaza to Port Jersey Boulevard)
Route 440 and Pulaski Street Intersection / Jughandle
- Ramp roadway construction continues.
- Ramp structure construction to southbound Route 440 continues.
Ramp Area East of Route 440
- New ramp construction continues.