The following work is scheduled over the next three weeks:
Note: There will be no work on July 4th.
- East side (entering 14A): renovation of existing Toll Utility Building continues.
- During the weekend of 07/21/17, 8:00PM Friday through 10:00AM Sunday, Toll Lanes 8 & 9 (exiting the Turnpike) will be closed for concrete paving work. This work will be supported by Bayonne Police.
Ramps between the Toll Plaza and the Hudson County Extension (HCE)
- Local street level work at Garfield, Avenue C and JFK Boulevard bridges will resume in the summer of 2017. This work will be supported by Jersey City and Bayonne Police as needed.
- During the evening of 07/07/17, 8:00PM to 7:00AM, roadway repair work will be performed on the ramp from westbound Hudson County Extension to Interchange 14A Toll Plaza. Minor traffic impacts are expected. This work will be supported by the New Jersey State Police.
Avenue E / Proposed Roundabout
- New roadway construction on Avenue E near 53rd Street continues.
New bridge construction activities continue.
Connector Bridge (Bridge from the Toll Plaza to Port Jersey Boulevard)
Route 440 and Pulaski Street Intersection / Jughandle
- Ramp roadway construction continues.
- Ramp structure construction to southbound Route 440 continues.
Ramp Area East of Route 440
- New ramp construction continues.
- During the week of 07/17/17, nighttime detours of the southbound Route 440 Jughandle at Pulaski Street will be required for approximately one (1) week in support of bridge steel erection. Work will be supported by Bayonne Police.