The following work is scheduled over the next three weeks:
- East side (entering 14A): renovation of existing Toll Utility Building continues.
- Reconstruction of Toll Lanes 8-10 continues.
A new traffic pattern was implemented at the Toll Plaza on 2/10/17. Please CLICK HERE for graphic.
Ramps between the Toll Plaza and the Hudson County Extension (HCE)
- Widening construction on the ramps to and from the westbound and eastbound HCE is complete to the extent possible and the final alignment has been implemented. Asphalt resurfacing of the ramps will be performed in 2017.
- Local street level work at Garfield, Avenue C and JFK Boulevard bridges will resume in the Spring of 2017. This work will be supported by Jersey City and Bayonne Police as needed.
Avenue E / Proposed Roundabout
- Continue new roadway construction on Avenue E near 53rd Street.
Continue deep bridge foundation construction in dedicated work zones. This work will be supported by Bayonne Police as needed.
On 03/08/17, a daytime detour of northbound Avenue E will be used, 10:00AM to 2:00PM. During this period, northbound Avenue E traffic, between 50th Street and 51st Street, will be diverted to Broadway to accommodate bridge structural steel erection. The expected duration of the detour is four (4) hours. This work will be supported by Bayonne Police.
Connector Bridge (Bridge from the Toll Plaza to Port Jersey Boulevard)
Route 440 and Pulaski Street Intersection / Jughandle
- Ramp roadway construction continues.
- Continue new bridge pier construction for the new structure to southbound Route 440.
Ramp Area East of Route 440
- New ramp construction continues.
- Retaining wall construction continues.
- Bridge deck construction on the bridge structure over Pulaski Street continues.
During the evenings of 03/09 and 03/10/17, nighttime detours of northbound Route 440 will be required immediately north of Pulaski Street, 8:00PM to 4:00AM, for bridge structural steel erection. Work will be supported by Bayonne and Jersey City PD.