The following work is scheduled over the next three weeks:
- East side (entering 14A): renovation of existing Toll Utility Building continues.
- Reconstruction of Toll Lanes 11 & 12 continues.
Ramps between the Toll Plaza and the Hudson County Extension (HCE)
- Widening construction on the ramps to and from the westbound and eastbound HCE is complete to the extent possible and the final alignment has been implemented. Asphalt resurfacing of the ramps will be performed in 2017.
- Local street level work at Garfield, Avenue C and JFK Boulevard bridges will resume in the Spring of 2017. This work will be supported by Jersey City and Bayonne Police as needed.
Avenue E / Proposed Roundabout
- Continue new roadway construction on Avenue E near 53rd Street.
- Continue bridge demolition operations along northbound Avenue E, between 51st Street and 53rd Street. This work will be supported by Bayonne Police as needed.
- Continue deep bridge foundation construction in dedicated work zones.
Connector Bridge (Bridge from the Toll Plaza to Port Jersey Boulevard)
- Traffic was shifted onto the new Connector Bridge in a two-way temporary traffic pattern. Please CLICK HERE for graphic.
- Pedestrian usage of the bridge for access to and from Port Jersey Boulevard continues to be prohibited. Please CLICK HERE for shuttle bus pamphlet.
- During the weeks of 01/09/17 and 01/16/17, bridge demolition will be performed in a dedicated work zone adjacent to Conrail’s Industrial Track near the Route 440 Jughandle to Pulaski Street.
- During the weekends of 01/21/17 and 01/28/17, NJ Transit Light Rail Service between 34th Street Station in Bayonne and Danforth Avenue Station in Jersey City will be maintained via NJ Transit bus service. During this period, bridge demolition will be performed over the NJ Transit and Conrail train tracks.
Route 440 and Pulaski Street Intersection / Jughandle
- The southbound Route 440 Jughandle at Pulaski Street has been reduced to a single lane and a median work zone has been established in Route 440.
- Ramp roadway construction continues.
- Continue new bridge pier construction for the new structure to southbound Route 440.
Ramp Area East of Route 440
- New ramp construction continues.
- Retaining wall construction continues.