The following work is scheduled over the next three weeks:
- East side (entering 14A): renovation of existing Toll Utility Building continues.
- Toll Lane 3 & 4 reconstruction continues.
Ramps between the Toll Plaza and the Hudson County Extension (HCE)
- Widening construction continues on the ramps to and from the west bound HCE.
- Local street level work at Garfield, Avenue C and JFK Boulevard bridges continues. This work will also be supported by Jersey City and Bayonne Police as needed.
- Work continues on a VMS Sign Structure under the Turnpike Bridge over Route 440, near the Newark Bay. Access is being provided from Route 440.
- A new work zone has been created along the east bound HCE ramp to the Toll Plaza.During the weekend of 08/12/16, traffic on this ramp will be reduced to a single lane, 9:00PM Friday to 6:00PM Sunday.
Avenue E / Proposed Roundabout
- New retaining wall and roadway construction on Avenue E near 53rd Street continues.
- Begin construction of new bridge deck. This work will be supported by Bayonne Police as needed.
Connector Bridge (Bridge from the Toll Plaza to Port Jersey Boulevard)
- A two-way traffic pattern has been implemented on the bridge ramp from Port Jersey Boulevard to the Toll Plaza.
- Pedestrian usage of the bridge for access to and from Port Jersey Boulevard continues to be prohibited. Please CLICK HERE for shuttle bus pamphlet.
Route 440 and Pulaski Street Intersection / Jughandle
- During the weekend of 08/26/16, northbound and southbound Route 440 will be reduced to a single travel lane in each direction and the southbound Pulaski Street Jughandle will be closed, 9:00PM Friday through 4:00AM Monday, for bridge girder erection. In addition, overnight, Friday night and Saturday night, 11:00PM to 8:00AM, Route 440 will be detoured through the area. Bayonne and Jersey City Police will provide assistance as needed.
- The southbound Route 440 Jughandle at Pulaski Street has been reduced to a single lane and a median work zone has been established in Route 440.
- Deep bridge foundation work will continue on the Pulaski Street jughandle.
- New bridge pier construction will continue.
- Ramp roadway construction will continue.
- On 08/02/16 and 08/03/16, asphalt paving will be performed at the Pulaski Street intersection of Route 440. Traffic will be reduced to a single turn lane on westbound Pulaski Street. This work will be supported by Bayonne Police.
Ramp Area East of Route 440
- New ramp construction continues.
- Retaining wall construction continues.
- Bridge abutment construction continues.