The following work is scheduled over the next three weeks:
- East side (entering 14A): renovation of existing Toll Utility Building will continue.
- A new traffic pattern and new work zone was established on Saturday, 05/21/16, in Toll Lane numbers 3 & 4.
- Continue Toll Lane 3 & 4 reconstruction.
Ramps between the Toll Plaza and the Hudson County Extension (HCE)
- Widening construction continues on the ramps to and from the west bound HCE.
- Local street level work at Garfield, Avenue C and JFK Boulevard bridges continues. This work will also be supported by Jersey City and Bayonne Police as needed.
- Local street level work on Frontage Road continues. This work will also be supported by Jersey City and Bayonne Police as needed.
- Proposed Sign Structure Locations adjacent to the corner of Avenue B / E58th Street Corner, opposite the corner of Avenue C and 57th Street, and at the Garfield Avenue Structure (PSE&G Sub-Station) will be constructed. When needed, Bayonne PD or Jersey City PD will be asked to support this effort.
- Work continues on a VMS Sign Structure under the Turnpike Bridge over Route 440, near the Newark Bay. Access is being provided from Route 440.
- Deep foundation (drilled shaft) work will begin in the ramp median work zone near the Toll Plaza.
Avenue E / Proposed Roundabout
- Bridge pier construction will continue in dedicated work zones.
- New retaining wall and roadway construction on Avenue E near 53rd Street will continue.
- Begin structural steel erection during the week of 06/13/16.
Connector Bridge (Bridge from the Toll Plaza to Port Jersey Boulevard)
- A two-way traffic pattern has been implemented on the bridge ramp from Port Jersey Boulevard to the Toll Plaza.
- Pedestrian usage of the bridge for access to and from Port Jersey Boulevard continues to be prohibited. Please CLICK HERE for shuttle bus pamphlet.
Route 440 and Pulaski Street Intersection / Jughandle
- The southbound Route 440 Jughandle at Pulaski Street has been reduced to a single lane and a median work zone has been established in Route 440.
- Deep bridge foundation work will continue at the Jughandle.
- Ramp roadway construction will continue.
Ramp Area East of Route 440
- Ground improvement and new ramp construction continues.
- Retaining wall construction continues.
- Bridge abutment construction will continue.
- A new work zone was created on Pulaski Street. Drainage and utility work will begin in this new work zone. This work will be supported by Bayonne Police as needed.