The following work is scheduled over the next three weeks:
- East side (entering 14A): renovation of existing Toll Utility Building will continue.
- Construction continues on the new east Toll Lane.
- During the week of 02/08 and o2/15/16, a single toll exit lane will be closed, M-F, 8:00PM to 5:00AM.
- Eastbound E 53rd Street is closed to through traffic at Avenue E (Toll Plaza) effective 11/09/15. Drivers wishing to access the Toll Plaza must go down another eastbound street to Avenue E (51st, 49th, etc.) Access to local businesses (QuickChek, Value City, etc.) on E 53rd Street is maintained. Westbound 53rd Street from the Toll Plaza to Broadway will not change. The Eastbound closure is expected to be in place for six (6) months. This is a major traffic change.
- Traffic from the Toll Plaza to Port Jersey Boulevard and Route 440 has been shifted left (east), onto the existing (one-way) bridge in a two-way pattern.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SEE THE FULL PAMPHLET AND DETAILS.
Ramps between the Toll Plaza and the Hudson County Extension (HCE)
- Widening construction continues on the ramps to and from the west bound HCE.
- Local street level work at Garfield, Avenue C and JFK Boulevard bridges continues. This work will also be supported by Jersey City and Bayonne Police as needed.
- Local street level work on Frontage Road continues. This work will also be supported by Jersey City and Bayonne Police as needed.
- Proposed Sign Structure Locations adjacent to the corner of Avenue B / E58th Street Corner, corner of Avenue C Structure and Garfield Avenue Structure (PSE&G Sub-Station), Toll Plaza Parking Area will be constructed. When needed, Bayonne PD or Jersey City PD will be asked to support this effort.
- Work continues on a VMS Sign Structure under the Turnpike Bridge over Route 440, near the Newark Bay. Access is being provided from Route 440.
Avenue E / Proposed Roundabout
- Deep foundation work on new bridge piers will continue. This work will be performed in dedicated work zones.
- Bridge pier construction will continue in dedicated work zones. Periodic closures of E52nd Street will be utilized. This work will be supported by Bayonne Police.
Connector Bridge (Bridge from the Toll Plaza to Port Jersey Boulevard)
- A two-way traffic pattern has been implemented on the bridge ramp from Port Jersey Boulevard to the Toll Plaza.
- Pedestrian usage of the bridge for access to and from Port Jersey Boulevard continues to be prohibited. Please CLICK HERE for shuttle bus pamphlet.
Route 440 and Pulaski Street Intersection / Jughandle
- The southbound Route 440 Jughandle at Pulaski Street has been reduced to a single lane. Deep sewer construction continues.
- Utility relocation work will continue on Pulaski Street at Route 440. This work will be supported by Bayonne and Jersey City Police.
Ramp Area East of Route 440
- Ground improvement and new ramp construction continues.
- Deep sewer relocation work will continue.