The following work is scheduled over the next three weeks:
- West side (exiting 14A): construction continues on the new toll lane and toll island.
- East side (entering 14A): construction of the new building and utilities continue.
- Individual (single) Toll Lanes will be closed nightly, 8:00PM to 5:00AM M-F, will continue through the week of 09/11/15.
- Widening construction continues on the ramps to and from the west bound HCE
- Retaining wall construction along Frontage Road continues. This work will be supported by Jersey City and Bayonne Police as needed.
- Local street level work at Garfield, Avenue C and JFK Boulevard bridges continues. This work will also be supported by Jersey City and Bayonne Police as needed.
- Proposed Sign Structure Locations adjacent to the corner of Avenue B / E58th Street Corner, corner of Avenue C Structure and Garfield Avenue Structure (PSE&G Sub-Station), Toll Plaza Parking Area will be constructed. When needed, Bayonne PD or Jersey City PD will be asked to support this effort.
- Work continues on a VMS Sign Structure under the Turnpike Bridge over Route 440, near the Newark Bay. Access is being provided from Route 440.
- Work on new underground utilities within Turnpike property immediately north of the Hudson County Extension, between JFK Boulevard and Route 440 (adjacent to Marist High School), will begin the week of 08/31/15. The work is expected to last for three weeks.
- Water main work on E52nd Street between Avenue E and Broadway will continue. Daily closures of E52nd Street and detours of Avenue E are expected. This work will be supported by Bayonne Police.
- Sanitary sewer installation within the Toll Plaza area (at E53rd Street) will be performed at night, 8:00PM to 5:00AM M-F, the week of 08/31/15. This work will be supported by Bayonne and State Police.
- Deep foundation work on new bridge piers will begin the week of 09/07/15. This work will be performed in dedicated work zones.
- A work zone was created on the bridge in support of demolition work. During the week of 08/31/15, initial demolition work within this work zone will be performed. This work will be supported by Bayonne and State Police as necessary.
- Pedestrian usage of the bridge for access to and from Port Jersey Boulevard continues to be prohibited.
Route 440 and Pulaski Street Intersection / Jughandle
- The southbound Route 440 Jughandle at Pulaski Street has been reduced to a single lane. Deep sewer construction continues.
- Utility relocation work will continue on Pulaski Street at Route 440. This work will be supported by Bayonne and Jersey City Police.
Ramp Area East of Route 440
- Ground improvement work in advance of new ramp construction continues.
- Building demolition for the Millions Warehouse on Pulaski Street at Route 440 will continue.