The following work is scheduled over the next three weeks:
- East side (entering 14A): renovation of existing Toll Utility Building continues.
- On Monday, 12/11/17, 8:00PM to 5:00AM, temporary short duration traffic holds of northbound Avenue E at 52nd Street and Toll Plaza traffic entering the Turnpike will be utilized to erect a new sign structure. This work will be supported by State and Bayonne Police.
- During the week of 12/11/17, traffic from Port Jersey Boulevard to the Toll Plaza and from the Toll Plaza to Port Jersey Boulevard will increase to two (2) travel lanes in each direction over the new Connector Bridge.
Ramps between the Toll Plaza and the Hudson County Extension (HCE)
Local street level work at Garfield, Avenue C and JFK Boulevard bridges will continue. This work will be supported by Bayonne Police as needed.
During the week of 12/11/17, nighttime single lane closures will be performed on the Hudson County Extension, 8:00PM to 5:00AM, Monday through Friday, for sign panel replacement work. This work will be supported by State Police.
Avenue E / Proposed Roundabout
- New roadway construction continues on the west side and east side of Avenue E, from 52nd Street to 51st Street.
- During the week of 12/18/17, northbound Avenue E will be reduced to a single travel lane at 52nd Street, Monday through Friday, in support of roadway construction. This work will be supported by Bayonne Police.
Connector Bridge (Bridge from the Toll Plaza to Port Jersey Boulevard)
- Pedestrian usage of the bridge for access to and from Port Jersey Boulevard continues to be prohibited.
Route 440 and Pulaski Street Intersection / Jughandle
Continue new ramp to southbound Route 440 construction.
Continue traffic signal construction on Route 440.
Ramp Area East of Route 440
- Roadway widening work on Port Jersey Boulevard continues.