The following work is scheduled over the next three weeks:
- West side (exiting 14A): construction continues on the new toll lane and toll island. The new Toll Lane will be activated the week of 10/05/15.
- East side (entering 14A): renovation of existing Toll Utility Building building will continue.
- Individual (single) Toll Lanes will be closed nightly, 8:00PM to 5:00AM M-F, and this will continue through the week of 10/12/15.
- New Communication Building has been activated.
Ramps between the Toll Plaza and the Hudson County Extension (HCE)
- Widening construction continues on the ramps to and from the west bound HCE
- Retaining wall construction along Frontage Road continues. This work will be supported by Jersey City and Bayonne Police as needed.
- Local street level work at Garfield, Avenue C and JFK Boulevard bridges continues. This work will also be supported by Jersey City and Bayonne Police as needed.
- Proposed Sign Structure Locations adjacent to the corner of Avenue B / E58th Street Corner, corner of Avenue C Structure and Garfield Avenue Structure (PSE&G Sub-Station), Toll Plaza Parking Area will be constructed. When needed, Bayonne PD or Jersey City PD will be asked to support this effort.
- Work continues on a VMS Sign Structure under the Turnpike Bridge over Route 440, near the Newark Bay. Access is being provided from Route 440.
- Ramp from westbound HCE to Toll Plaza will be shifted onto new pavement and a new median work zone created the week of 10/19/15.
Avenue E / Proposed Roundabout
- Water main work on E52nd Street between Avenue E and Broadway and on Avenue E between E50th Street and E52nd Street will continue. Daily closures, 8:00AM to 3:30PM, of E52nd Street and detours of Avenue E are expected. This work will be supported by Bayonne Police.
- Deep foundation work on new bridge piers will continue. This work will be performed in dedicated work zones.
Connector Bridge (Bridge from the Toll Plaza to Port Jersey Boulevard)
- Temporary widening of the existing bridge structure is being performed. This work will be supported by Bayonne and State Police as necessary.
- Pedestrian usage of the bridge for access to and from Port Jersey Boulevard continues to be prohibited.
Route 440 and Pulaski Street Intersection / Jughandle
- The southbound Route 440 Jughandle at Pulaski Street has been reduced to a single lane. Deep sewer construction continues.
- Utility relocation work will continue on Pulaski Street at Route 440. This work will be supported by Bayonne and Jersey City Police.
Ramp Area East of Route 440
- Ground improvement work in advance of new ramp construction continues.