The following work is scheduled over the next three weeks:
- West side (exiting 14A): construction continues on the new toll lane and toll island. Nighttime closures of the western most Toll Lane are expected during the week of 07/13 to 07/17 from 9:00PM to 5:00AM for construction.
- East side (entering 14A): construction of the new building and utilities continue.
Ramps between the Toll Plaza and the Hudson County Extension (HCE)
- Widening construction continues on the ramps to and from the west bound HCE.
- Demolition work on the Avenue C and JFK Boulevard bridge structures continues. Expect local street lane closures and traffic holds mid-day for bridge demolition on Avenue C and JFK Boulevard. This work will be supported by Bayonne or Jersey City Police.
- Retaining wall construction along Frontage Road continues. This work will also be supported by Jersey City Police.
- Local street level work at Garfield, Avenue C and JFK Boulevard bridges continues.
- Proposed Sign Structure Locations adjacent to the corner of Avenue B / E58th Street Corner, corner of Avenue C Structure and Garfield Avenue Structure (PSE&G Sub-Station) will be constructed. When needed, Bayonne PD or Jersey City PD will be asked to support this effort.
Avenue E / Proposed Roundabout
- Water main installation on the Turnpike Service Road continues.
- Deep sewer construction on the east side continues.
- Removal of raised median areas in preparation for temporary pavement continues.
- Extended work shifts are expected.
Route 440 and Pulaski Street Intersection / Jughandle
- The southbound Route 440 Jughandle at Pulaski Street will be reduced to a single lane during the week of 7/20 to accommodate deep sewer construction.
- Utility relocation will continue on Pulaski Street at Route 440.
Ramp Area East of Route 440
- Ground improvements in advance of new ramp construction continues.
- Work continues in advance of building demolition for the Millions Warehouse on Pulaski Street at Route 440.