The following work is scheduled over the next three weeks:
- West side (entering 14A): construction continues on the new toll lane and toll island. The western most Toll Lane will be closed during the weekend of 7/10 from 9:00PM through 7/13 at 4:00AM for construction. All other lanes will remain open.
- East side (leaving 14A): construction of the new building and utilities continue.
Ramps between the Toll Plaza and the Hudson County Extension (HCE)
- Widening construction continues on the ramps to and from the west bound HCE.
- Demolition work on the Garfield Avenue and Avenue C bridge structures continues. On 7/09, expect lane closures and traffic holds mid-day for bridge demolition on Avenue C. This work will be supported by Jersey City Police.
- Retaining wall construction along Frontage Road continues. This work will also be supported by Jersey City Police.
- Local street level work at Garfield and Avenue C bridge continues.
- Proposed Sign Structure Locations adjacent to the corner of Avenue B / E58th Street Corner, corner of Avenue C Structure and Garfield Avenue Structure (PSE&G Sub-Station) will be constructed beginning the week of 7/13. When needed, Bayonne PD or Jersey City PD will be asked to support this effort.
Avenue E / Proposed Roundabout
- Water main installation on the Turnpike Service Road continues.
- Deep sewer construction on the east side continues.
- Removal of raised median areas in preparation for temporary pavement continues.
- Intermittent night work will begin the week of 7/20. This work will be supported by Bayonne PD.
Route 440 and Pulaski Street Intersection / Jughandle
- The southbound Route 440 Jughandle at Pulaski Street will be reduced to a single lane during the week of 7/06 to accommodate deep sewer construction.
- Utility relocation will continue on Pulaski Street at Route 440.
Ramp Area East of Route 440
- Ground improvements in advance of new ramp construction continues.
- Daibes Gas Station on Avenue E at E51st Street is expected to be demolished during the week of 7/13.
- Work continues in advance of building demolition for the Millions Warehouse on Pulaski Street at Route 440.