The following work is scheduled over the next three weeks:
- East side (entering 14A): renovation of existing Toll Utility Building will continue.
- Construction continues on the new east Toll Lane.
- Eastbound E 53rd Street has been reopened. For more information, please CLICK HERE to access the pamphlet.
Ramps between the Toll Plaza and the Hudson County Extension (HCE)
- Widening construction continues on the ramps to and from the west bound HCE.
- Local street level work at Garfield, Avenue C and JFK Boulevard bridges continues. This work will also be supported by Jersey City and Bayonne Police as needed.
- Local street level work on Frontage Road continues. This work will also be supported by Jersey City and Bayonne Police as needed.
- Proposed Sign Structure Locations adjacent to the corner of Avenue B / E58th Street Corner, corner of Avenue C Structure and Garfield Avenue Structure (PSE&G Sub-Station), Toll Plaza Parking Area will be constructed. When needed, Bayonne PD or Jersey City PD will be asked to support this effort.
- Work continues on a VMS Sign Structure under the Turnpike Bridge over Route 440, near the Newark Bay. Access is being provided from Route 440.
Avenue E / Proposed Roundabout
- Bridge pier construction will continue in dedicated work zones.
- New retaining wall construction on Avenue E near 53rd Street will continue.
Connector Bridge (Bridge from the Toll Plaza to Port Jersey Boulevard)
- A two-way traffic pattern has been implemented on the bridge ramp from Port Jersey Boulevard to the Toll Plaza.
- Pedestrian usage of the bridge for access to and from Port Jersey Boulevard continues to be prohibited. Please CLICK HERE for shuttle bus pamphlet.
Route 440 and Pulaski Street Intersection / Jughandle
- The southbound Route 440 Jughandle at Pulaski Street has been reduced to a single lane and a median work zone has been established in Route 440.
- Deep bridge foundation work will continue at the Jughandle.
- Roadway construction work will continue on Pulaski Street and at the Jughandle. This work will be supported by Bayonne and Jersey City Police as needed.
Ramp Area East of Route 440
- Ground improvement and new ramp construction continues.
- Retaining wall construction continues.
- Bridge abutment construction will continue.