The following work is scheduled over the next three weeks:
- East side (entering 14A): renovation of existing Toll Utility Building will continue.
- Construction continues on the new east Toll Lane.
- Eastbound E 53rd Street has been reopened. For more information, please CLICK HERE to access the pamphlet.
Ramps between the Toll Plaza and the Hudson County Extension (HCE)
- Widening construction continues on the ramps to and from the west bound HCE.
- Local street level work at Garfield, Avenue C and JFK Boulevard bridges continues. This work will also be supported by Jersey City and Bayonne Police as needed.
- Local street level work on Frontage Road continues. This work will also be supported by Jersey City and Bayonne Police as needed.
- Proposed Sign Structure Locations adjacent to the corner of Avenue B / E58th Street Corner, corner of Avenue C Structure and Garfield Avenue Structure (PSE&G Sub-Station), Toll Plaza Parking Area will be constructed. When needed, Bayonne PD or Jersey City PD will be asked to support this effort.
- Work continues on a VMS Sign Structure under the Turnpike Bridge over Route 440, near the Newark Bay. Access is being provided from Route 440.
- During the evening of 05/03/16, 8:00PM to 5:00AM, traffic will be shifted to the outside (right) on the ramp to westbound Hudson County Extension. Expect short duration traffic holds during this period.
Avenue E / Proposed Roundabout
- Bridge pier construction will continue in dedicated work zones.
- New retaining wall construction on Avenue E near 53rd Street will continue.
Connector Bridge (Bridge from the Toll Plaza to Port Jersey Boulevard)
- A two-way traffic pattern has been implemented on the bridge ramp from Port Jersey Boulevard to the Toll Plaza.
- Pedestrian usage of the bridge for access to and from Port Jersey Boulevard continues to be prohibited. Please CLICK HERE for shuttle bus pamphlet.
Route 440 and Pulaski Street Intersection / Jughandle
- The southbound Route 440 Jughandle at Pulaski Street has been reduced to a single lane and a median work zone has been established in Route 440.
- Deep bridge foundation work will continue at the Jughadle.
- Utility relocation work will continue on Pulaski Street at Route 440. This work will be supported by Bayonne and Jersey City Police.
Ramp Area East of Route 440
- Ground improvement and new ramp construction continues.
- Retaining wall construction continues.
- Bridge abutment construction will continue.