The following work is scheduled over the next three weeks:
- East side (entering 14A): renovation of existing Toll Utility Building continues.
- Toll Lane 5, 6 and 7 reconstruction continues.
- During the weekend of 10/28/16, from 8:00PM Friday to 10:00AM Sunday, concrete paving will be performed in Toll Lane 5 north (Turnpike side) of the Toll Plaza.
Ramps between the Toll Plaza and the Hudson County Extension (HCE)
- Widening construction continues on the ramps to and from the westbound HCE.
- During the week of 10/31/16, Monday through Thursday night, from 8:00PM to 4:00AM, work will be performed on the ramps to westbound and eastbound Hudson County Extension. Temporary traffic holds are expected.
- Local street level work at Garfield, Avenue C and JFK Boulevard bridges continues. This work will also be supported by Jersey City and Bayonne Police as needed.
- Work continues on a VMS Sign Structure under the Turnpike Bridge over Route 440, near the Newark Bay. Access is being provided from Route 440.
Avenue E / Proposed Roundabout
- Continue new roadway construction on Avenue E near 53rd Street.
- Continue construction of new bridge deck. This work will be supported by Bayonne Police as needed.
- Beginning the week of 10/31/16, deep foundation work for sign structures will be performed from a dedicated work zone east of Avenue E in the vicinity of 50th Street.
Connector Bridge (Bridge from the Toll Plaza to Port Jersey Boulevard)
- A two-way traffic pattern has been implemented on the bridge ramp from Port Jersey Boulevard to the Toll Plaza.
- Pedestrian usage of the bridge for access to and from Port Jersey Boulevard continues to be prohibited. Please CLICK HERE for shuttle bus pamphlet.
Route 440 and Pulaski Street Intersection / Jughandle
- The southbound Route 440 Jughandle at Pulaski Street has been reduced to a single lane and a median work zone has been established in Route 440.
- Ramp roadway construction will continue.
- During the evening of 10/31/16, from 8:00PM to 4:00AM, the Jughandle will be closed and traffic detoured south on Route 440 to 30th Street to allow for bridge-related work. Work will be supported by Bayonne Police.
Ramp Area East of Route 440
- New ramp construction continues.
- Retaining wall construction continues.
- Bridge abutment construction continues.
- Bridge girder erection over Port Jersey Boulevard continues.
During the week of 11/14/16, detours of Pulaski Street will be performed at night, from 9:00PM to 4:00AM, to accommodate new bridge construction.