The following work is scheduled over the next three weeks:
- West side (exiting 14A): construction continues on the new toll lane and toll island.
- East side (entering 14A): construction of the new building and utilities continue.
- Individual (single) Toll Lanes will be closed nightly, 8:00PM to 5:00AM M-F, beginning the week of 08/10/15. This work is expected to last for two weeks.
Ramps between the Toll Plaza and the Hudson County Extension (HCE)
- Widening construction continues on the ramps to and from the west bound HCE.
- Demolition work on the Avenue C and JFK Boulevard bridge structures will continue. On Monday, 08/03, there will be short duration closures of Avenue C at Frontage Road in support of demolition operations. This work will be supported by Bayonne or Jersey City Police. Frontage Road will remain open.
- Retaining wall construction along Frontage Road continues. This work will also be supported by Jersey City Police.
- Local street level work at Garfield, Avenue C and JFK Boulevard bridges continues.
- Proposed Sign Structure Locations adjacent to the corner of Avenue B / E58th Street Corner, corner of Avenue C Structure and Garfield Avenue Structure (PSE&G Sub-Station) will be constructed. When needed, Bayonne PD or Jersey City PD will be asked to support this effort.
- Work has started under the Turnpike Bridge over Route 440, near the Newark Bay. Access is being provided from Route 440.
Avenue E / Proposed Roundabout
- Deep sewer construction in the median of Avenue E continues.
- Water main work on E52nd Street between Avenue E and Broadway and on Avenue E at 50th Street has started. Daily street closures are planned the week of 08/03/15. This work will be supported by Bayonne Police.
- Extended and overnight work shifts are expected.
Route 440 and Pulaski Street Intersection / Jughandle
- The southbound Route 440 Jughandle at Pulaski Street has been reduced to a single lane. Deep sewer construction has started.
- Utility relocation will continue on Pulaski Street at Route 440.
Ramp Area East of Route 440
- Ground improvements in advance of new ramp construction continues.
- Work continues in advance of building demolition for the Millions Warehouse on Pulaski Street at Route 440.