The following work is scheduled over the next three weeks:
- East side (entering 14A): renovation of existing Toll Utility Building continues.
- On Monday, 11/13/17, traffic from Port Jersey Boulevard to the Toll Plaza will shift onto the new westbound Connector Bridge. A work zone will be created in the Toll Plaza area, including the closure of Toll Lane 6 (exiting the Turnpike) to facilitate sign structure work. This work zone will be in place for approximately four (4) weeks. Please CLICK HERE for graphic.
Ramps between the Toll Plaza and the Hudson County Extension (HCE)
Local street level work at Garfield, Avenue C and JFK Boulevard bridges will resume in the Fall of 2017. This work will be supported by Jersey City and Bayonne Police as needed.
Avenue E / Proposed Roundabout
- New roadway construction on Avenue E between 51st Street and 53rd Street continues.
New bridge construction activities continue.
A new work zone was created on the west side of Avenue E, from 52nd Street to 51st Street, for new roadway construction.
Connector Bridge (Bridge from the Toll Plaza to Port Jersey Boulevard)
- Pedestrian usage of the bridge for access to and from Port Jersey Boulevard continues to be prohibited.
- On Monday, 11/13/17, traffic from Port Jersey Boulevard to the Toll Plaza will shift onto the new westbound Connector Bridge.
Route 440 and Pulaski Street Intersection / Jughandle
- Ramp roadway construction continues.
- Ramp structure construction to southbound Route 440 continues.
- During the weekend of 11/10/17, weekend lane closures on northbound and southbound Route 440, between Pulaski Street and Harbor Drive, will be implemented. Westbound Pulaski Street to Route 440 will also be temporarily detoured onto Chosin Few Way. These closures and detours are required for asphalt paving on Route 440. Work will be supported by Bayonne Police. Please CLICK HERE for graphic.
Ramp Area East of Route 440
- New ramp construction continues.