The following work is scheduled over the next three weeks:
- East side (entering 14A): renovation of existing Toll Utility Building continues.
Ramps between the Toll Plaza and the Hudson County Extension (HCE)
- Widening construction on the ramps to and from the westbound and eastbound HCE is complete to the extent possible and the final alignment has been implemented. Asphalt resurfacing of the ramps will be performed in 2017.
- Local street level work at Garfield, Avenue C and JFK Boulevard bridges will resume in the Spring of 2017. This work will be supported by Jersey City and Bayonne Police as needed.
Avenue E / Proposed Roundabout
- New roadway construction on Avenue E near 53rd Street continues.
New bridge pier construction in dedicated work zones continues.
Northbound Avenue E was shifted into a new temporary alignment between 50th Street and 51st Street. Please CLICK HERE for more information and graphic.
During the week of 06/12/17, nighttime detours of northbound Avenue E, 50th Street to 52nd Street, will be required for approximately one (1) week in support of bridge steel erection. Work will be supported by Bayonne Police.
Connector Bridge (Bridge from the Toll Plaza to Port Jersey Boulevard)
Route 440 and Pulaski Street Intersection / Jughandle
- Ramp roadway construction continues.
- Ramp structure construction to southbound Route 440 continues.
- Northbound Route 440 reconstruction north of Pulaski Street continues.
Ramp Area East of Route 440
- New ramp construction continues.
- Retaining wall construction continues.
- Bridge deck construction on the bridge structure over Pulaski Street continues.
In early-July 2017, nighttime detours of the Pulaski Street Jughandle will be required for approximately one (1) week in support of bridge steel erection. Work will be supported by Bayonne Police.