The following work is scheduled over the next three weeks:
- East side (entering 14A): renovation of existing Toll Utility Building continues.
Ramps between the Toll Plaza and the Hudson County Extension (HCE)
- Widening construction on the ramps to and from the westbound and eastbound HCE is complete to the extent possible and the final alignment has been implemented. Asphalt resurfacing of the ramps will be performed in 2017.
- Local street level work at Garfield, Avenue C and JFK Boulevard bridges will resume in the Spring of 2017. This work will be supported by Jersey City and Bayonne Police as needed.
During the week of 05/08/17, nighttime single lane closures will be used on westbound Hudson County Extension, 9:00PM to 4:00AM, to install new signs and sign structures.
Avenue E / Proposed Roundabout
- New roadway construction on Avenue E near 53rd Street continues.
New bridge pier construction in dedicated work zones continues.
During the week of 05/08/17, northbound Avenue E will be shifted right to a new temporary alignment between 50th Street and 51st Street. This new alignment will be in place for several months.
In mid-June 2017, nighttime detours of northbound Avenue E, 50th Street to 52nd Street, will be required for approximately one (1) week in support of bridge steel erection. Work will be supported by Bayonne Police.
Connector Bridge (Bridge from the Toll Plaza to Port Jersey Boulevard)
Traffic was shifted onto the new Connector Bridge in a two-way temporary traffic pattern. Please CLICK HERE for graphic.
- Pedestrian usage of the bridge for access to and from Port Jersey Boulevard continues to be prohibited. Please CLICK HERE for shuttle bus pamphlet.
During the weekends of 05/06/17 and 05/12/17, NJ Transit Light Rail Service between 34th Street Station in Bayonne and Danforth Avenue Station in Jersey City will be maintained via NJ Transit bus service, 3:00AM Saturday morning through 3:00AM Monday morning. During this period, bridge structural steel will be erected over the NJ Transit and Conrail train tracks. Please CLICK HERE for more information.
Route 440 and Pulaski Street Intersection / Jughandle
- Ramp roadway construction continues.
- Ramp structure construction to southbound Route 440 continues.
- Northbound Route 440 reconstruction north of Pulaski Street continues.
Ramp Area East of Route 440
- New ramp construction continues.
- Retaining wall construction continues.
- Bridge deck construction on the bridge structure over Pulaski Street continues.
- In late-June 2017, nighttime detours of the Pulaski Street Jughandle will be required for approximately one (1) week in support of bridge steel erection. Work will be supported by Bayonne Police.