- East side (entering 14A): renovation of existing Toll Utility Building continues.
- Widening construction on the ramps to and from the westbound and eastbound HCE is complete to the extent possible and the final alignment has been implemented. Asphalt resurfacing of the ramps will be performed in 2017.
- Local street level work at Garfield, Avenue C and JFK Boulevard bridges will resume in the Spring of 2017. This work will be supported by Jersey City and Bayonne Police as needed.
- New roadway construction on Avenue E near 53rd Street continues.
New bridge pier construction in dedicated work zones continues.
Traffic was shifted onto the new Connector Bridge in a two-way temporary traffic pattern. Please CLICK HERE for graphic.
- Pedestrian usage of the bridge for access to and from Port Jersey Boulevard continues to be prohibited. Please CLICK HERE for shuttle bus pamphlet.
- During the weekend of 05/05/17 and 05/12/17, new bridge steel installation operations will be performed over NJ Transit’s Hudson-Bergen Light Rail and Conrail’s Industrial Track. During these periods, NJ Transit Light Rail service between 34th Street Station in Bayonne and Danforth Avenue Station in Jersey City will be maintained via NJ Transit bus service.
- Ramp roadway construction continues.
Median barrier construction on Route 440 continues.
Ramp structure construction to southbound Route 440 continues.
On Friday, 04/28/17, during the daytime, southbound Route 440 travel lanes will be shifted left along the median barrier and a work zone created on the right (outside shoulder) between Route 185 and Pulaski Street. On Friday evening, 04/28/17, 8:00PM to 4:00AM) northbound Route 440 travel lanes will be shifted left along the median barrier between Pulaski Street and Harbor Drive. The northbound Route 440 Ramp to the Turnpike will be maintained on the far right (outside).
- New ramp construction continues.
- Retaining wall construction continues.
- Bridge deck construction on the bridge structure over Pulaski Street continues.